What is Kratom?
Kratom is native to Southeast Asia. It occurs naturally on several islands in Indonesia (primarily Borneo, Hulu Kapuas, and Ketapang). It also grows in Thailand, Malaysia, and the Philippines. Upwards of 100% of the kratom in the USA comes from Indonesia. At this time, Kratom is banned in Malaysia but is now legal in Thailand again! Kratom has been used for over 1,000 years in these regions of the world where they pick and chew the leaves for many reasons, not the least of which is, promotion of energy for working, increased mental clarity, feelings of wellness and stability, euphoria and much more. In the USA, most kratom is sold in powdered form (either in capsules or bulk powder.) This is created by drying the leaves and then grinding them to a fine powder.
Kratom has become increasingly popular in the US with an estimated 20 million consumers and growing! Many claim it may help with fighting fatigue and boosting your energy levels – which we could all use some help with!
It shows great promise in studies now being conducted at the NIDA, John’s Hopkins, and University of Florida Pharmacology Department where they are conducting animal studies at this time.
While kratom is not free of side-effects, it’s a great herb to consider adding to your routine! Many people have begun using it as a pre-workout boost to enhance their endurance and enjoyment of the activities or as a post-workout way to relax and calm oneself before going to bed.
Kratom has more than 47 currently identified alkaloids present in the plant leaves. The two most recognized Alkaloids are Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Many believe that Mitragynine is singularly responsible for the strength of a kratom batch. However, we have determined this is unlikely to be true. Just like the difference between using Cannabis flower vs dabbing or a pure THC extract, there is a significant difference that can be “felt” when one removes the other components that are present in Kratom. We strongly believe in keeping Kratom as close to nature as possible.
The amount of 7-hydroxymitragynine in kratom leaves is almost undetectable. Usually a couple tenths of a percent in total concentration. When someone concentrates kratom, they should reduce or remove the 7-hydroxy because the current science we have suggests that in higher concentrations than occur in nature it could be less than ideal with higher addiction potentials for its use in concentrated form. Thus we strongly believe that 7-hydroxymitragynine should never be added, extracted, or enhanced due to many safety concerns especially for those who have suffered from previous alcohol or opiate addictions as they could be more susceptible to becoming addicted to this unnaturally occurring substance.
Kratom Vein Colors:
Kratom, Mitragyna Speciosa, is a single species of tree. Growing 25-100’ tall or more and fast growing at that. Contrary to popular belief, there are no “Red Kratom Trees” or “White Kratom Trees”.
- Green Vein Kratom are the mature leaves of the tree picked and dried indoors or in shade.
- White Vein Kratom are smaller, immature leaves that are picked prior to full growth.
- Red Vein Kratom are mature leaves that are dried in the sun causing them to turn darker into a red/brown color or dried indoors retaining a more green color to the powder but retaining the same properties .
- Bentuangie is a standard green leaf that is first placed in large clear plastic bags and left in the sun to oxidize and ferment for days and then dried out in the sun once the desired color is reached. This oxidation results in a very dark brown/ruddy color that also changes the effects of the leaf and provides a much sweeter and earthier taste.
Differences between the colors:
- Green Kratom is generally recognized for its well-balanced effects. Thought to promote mental clarity, mood lift, energy, most consumers prefer using it during the day time.
- White Kratom is generally recognized for its increased promotion of energy, mental focus, and a mild lift to the mood. It is often used in the mornings.
- Red Kratom is generally recognized for its promotion of relaxation, calm, feelings of wellbeing, mild mood lifting, and the most commonly used strain and often used at night.
Differences Between Strains:
All “strains” and “blends” are made from combinations of differently dried leaves and those harvested from various regions.
- Stimulating Strains:
- Maeng Da: The most popular strain in the US and is a “pure strain”, not mixed with other leaf. Many believe it to be the best kratom out there or the “strongest”. However, this is simply not true. While it’s an excellent product, it is no stronger than any other strain and the strength is simply dependent on the particular batch. Generally thought to be on the more energetic side.
- Thai: (Genuine Thai-grown kratom is coming to the US mid to late 2022! Check out Laughing Lion Herbs’s site for more details as it becomes available!) Still grown in Indonesia, Thai is a blend that is a combination of some of the core strains, Thai strains tend to be more bitter in taste but sometimes quicker acting and generally thought to be the “fastest” of the strains.
- Relaxing Strains:
- Bali: is a blend of a couple of different strains. Red Bali, actually contains a small amount of white leaf in it. Generally thought to be more balanced and somewhat relaxing vs energizing.
- Borneo: Tends to be effective for use at night and to help one to relax before bedtime and promote a better night’s sleep.
- Malay: We only carry Green Malaysian because while not terribly popular, the Green Malay has an appeal to many as a great strain for relaxing while simultaneously providing the mood elevation many desire but without the drastic energy increase other greens may cause.
- Moderate Strains:
- Hulu: The final “pure” strain, Hulu is generally testing as strong or stronger than Ketapang leaf in its Mitragynine content (although this can vary between batches) and is, similar to Ketapang, generally thought to be well balanced and strong. It tends to test strongest in Mitragynine over any of the other strains. Red Hulu in particular is very popular for its strength and balance.
- Unique Award Winning Blends: These proprietary blends are what makes our Kratom unique in the industry!
- Electrobuzz: An all White Blend that is a best selling blend combining 4 different whites designed to provide the best possible promotion of energy and mood lifting.
- Fuzzy Blanket: The #1 Selling Blend of all time! Winner of 1st Place from Kratom Vendor Reviews.com it is a blend of Green and Red kratom that provides the greatest combination of relaxation, promotion of wellbeing, and aid with relaxing before bed. Comfort for the body after a long day is it’s hallmark!
- Golden Thai: A popular blend of White and Red Thai strains that provide a bitter taste, but a sweet result! Tending towards balanced energy and comfort while allowing focus and feelings of wellbeing.
- Ignite! Similar to Golden Thai, it is another Red and White blend but this one is geared more towards promotion of energy and focus with the balancing effect that red provides.
- Rocket Fuel: A Green/White blend that is designed to promote energy for a hard day’s work granting promotion of mental clarity, energy, and wellbeing.
- Rocket Buzz: A Green/White blend using alternate kratom from the Aceh region resulting in highly energetic effects.
- Ryujin: It takes the guesswork out of anyone looking for a red vein kratom. Combining the best of the red strains, Ryujin provides one of the strongest comforting effects but also balanced relaxation without feelings of tiredness.
- Apex: Strongest green blend that promotes all the best parts of Green kratom such as improved feelings of wellbeing, promotion of energy and mental clarity, and comfort.
- Colorado Sunrise: A tri-color blend that includes all 3 colors! Sunrise is incredible with its ability to promote wakefulness, wellbeing, and clear, focused energy.
The American Kratom Association, a national, non-profit Consumer organization that has stood in the gap to protect Kratom created a GMP Standards Program. It was created to establish a higher level of manufacturing processes for Kratom Vendors. AKA GMP participants have committed to implementing and following the manufacturing and processing standards outlined in the AKA GMP Standards Program.
To become AKA GMP Qualified Vendors, participants must complete an annual independent 3rd party audit to ensure their compliance with the program standards. Upon verification of the audit, they are considered as AKA GMP Qualified.
Finding even a trusted source within the cGMP program can be rather daunting, and with a wide variety of pricing, where do you turn? Well, no need to worry because we’ve done all the hard work for you and reviewed the best kratom vendors that participate in the AKA’s GMP Program!
This guide lists six of the best kratom dealers to buy high-quality, directly sourced kratom strains and blends.
- OVERALL WINNER (Fair Trade Organic) Laughing Lion Herbs
- Runner Up Ethical Kratom
- Christopher’s Organics
- 1836 Kratom
- Golden Monk
- Kats Botanicals
About the Winner of best Kratom Brand in the USA
- World-Class customer service
- Fair prices
- cGMP Qualified and State of Colorado Health Department Licensed
- Same Day Shipping
- Over 40 strains to choose from
- One-stop-shop no need to vendor hop to help with tolerance
- Shipping is only free if you spend $100+
- No current split kilo options
LAUGHING LION CONTACT INFO
Order Kratom Online
Hundreds of 5-Star Reviews
COLORADO RETAIL LOCATIONS
Their Colorado Springs retail store is located at 5310 Montebello Ln, Colorado Springs, CO 80918.
Their Castle Rock retail store is located at 4987 Factory Shops Blvd, Castle Rock, CO 80108.